Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Blog post #1, My 5 sources

 




ESPN  

For anything sports related, especially basketball, ESPN has been my go-to source for forever now. First watching SportsCenter back in 2012 for the first time defiantly played a role in my interest and love for sports and now being more into sports, I can use ESPN on the website or the app for information and especially for different transactions being made across sports. Specifically in the NBA you have one of the most reliable inside analysts who reports news when it first comes out, Adrian Wojnarowski. So that plays a big role in being able to look at certain big news on ESPN.  

 


CBS News 

I'd like to think that CBS is a very reliable source but at the same time a very underrated one too. CBS offers news in topics such as Politics, Entertainment, Technology, Science and more. CBS is also very known for their different shows and, on the website, where you can find inside information, interviews etc. I remember for a couple projects in the past I had used clips from their shows about my topic and it really helped present my topic more.  


Twitter  

Twitter can be a controversial app and it's not the #1 recommendation although I do use twitter a lot on a weekly basis and will read into certain news about the world or sports. Although I believe twitter can be good because if you look at it you have all these verified reporters/beat writers/analysts who all work for different companies but can all use twitter to report their information and it's just simple as a single tweet. So, I think twitter can be a helpful source depending on how you use the app.  


The Washington Post 

A Lot of people will look at sources like The New York Times and Wall Street, (which are obviously two good sources) but The Washington Post is a source I will use instead of those sources. The Washington Post is known for having some of the best reporters in their fields, and at the same time they stay credible. I recommend using and/or reading some of their articles, especially on opinion-based topics or arguments.  The Washington Post is also owned by Jeff Bezos (Founder of Amazon).  


Forbes  

Finally, Forbes is a source that was very helpful to me in classes like Economics and Personal Finance. I'd say it is one of the best business sources, with accurate estimates about billionaires, businesses, and lifestyle. I would not use this source as a news reference but as a business source overall. Something that is key about Forbes is the articles about investment that they have to offer that could help you a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post Prompt

  Technology has completely taken over our daily lives and how we will live and operate for years to come and from here it will only get ev...